Adobe Updates CC (2014)
Today Adobe launched a whole world of new and exciting apps, updates, programs and tools for photographers to work even faster, smarter and simpler. Adobe also gave us a dedicated new photography package to the cloud which is cheaper and bigger than before.
( Great Blog from Adobe about the new updates – http://blogs.adobe.com/photoshopdotcom/2014/06/crank-it-up-to-15-introducing-adobe-photoshop-cc-2014.html )
The full Adobe Key-Note speech can be found here, but for this blog, I wanted to just highlight some of the new fun things that we as photographers might like or come into contact with then a couple of other cool things that I like with things like video and 3D printing and the apps.
( Check out Glyn Dewis blog about moving over your plugins http://glyndewis.com/plug-ins-adobe-photoshop-cc-2014/ )
In many ways, the biggest news is the price of the Creative Cloud for Photographers package which is set at $9.99 or £8.78 for us English folk. Quite amazing value if you sit back and think about what you get.
Top new features for photographers in Photoshop:
- Perspective Warp
- Blur Gallery motion effects
- Focus Mask
- Enhanced Content-Aware technology
- All-new Smart Sharpen
- Camera Shake Reduction
- Advanced mobile image editing with Photoshop Mix integration
Blur Gallery motion effects
Use Path Blur to add blur along any path and Spin Blur to create circular or elliptical blurs. The Mercury Graphics Engine makes all Blur Gallery interactions fast and fluid.
Let Photoshop help you start a mask by automatically selecting the in-focus areas of your image. Focus Mask works great with potraits and other images that have shallow depth of field, and the Mercury Graphics Engine delivers fast performance.
Smarter Smart Guides
Forget trying to align multiple shapes or objects at exact distances from one another on canvas. Now you can quickly see the distance in pixels between objects so you can lay out content with precision.
Top new features in Lightroom
- Sync with Lightroom mobile and web – iPhone & iPad sync
- Advanced Healing Brush
- Upright Tool
- Radial Gradiant
- Smart Previews
- Video slide shows
Video related up dates:
- Enhanced Direct Link workflow
- NEW Master Clip Effect
- Refined grading tools
- NEW Broadcast-standard scopes
- NEW SpeedLooks
- Simplified Look Manager
Premiere Pro –
- Live text templetes
- Maksing tools on effects direct on to assests
- Improved Project Panel search
- New formats
- Mixing 4k , 5k and 6k footage on the same timeline
- Ridge Mask Tracker ( from After Effects ) in Prem Pro
Design related up dates:
- Photoshop Missing Fonts – Powered by the Creative Cloud – Never loose font auto resolve. Creative Cloud has over 40,000 dollars worth of fonts in TypeKit.
- Live preview of fonts from TypeKit in Photoshop.
- Smart guides are updated
- Marketing Assets through the Creative Cloud App
- Focus selection masking – Masking using sharpness to define areas
- Live Edit in Dreamweaver
New Ink & Slide products :
This what what Adobe say about Ink & Slide – on sale today via Adobe.com for $199.99
Creative Cloud Pen and Digital Ruler
Introducing creative hardware that makes sketching and drawing more natural and fluid. Designed to be used with the iPad, Adobe Ink is a fine-tip, pressure-sensitive pen built using Adonit Pixelpoint technology to give you greater creative control and unprecedented precision. Adobe Slide is a digital ruler that lets you draw any shape on your iPad — including straight lines, perfect circles, classic French curves, and more.
Click here to get the Adobe Apps
You might also want to check out this video about the 2014 CreateNow tour.