FUJIFILM X World Photo Gallery
Fujifilm is delighted to announce that it will soon be hosting the “FUJIFILM X World Photo Gallery in Toyko”.
This posted is a copy from the Fujifilm website:
The Fujifilm X series line-up began in March 2011 with the introduction of the FUJIFILM X100 premium digital camera. In February 2012, the FUJIFILM X-Pro1 premium mirrorless interchangeable lens camera was released, along with three high quality prime lenses. Since then the X Series cameras and X Mount lens line-up has quickly expanded, offering cameras and lenses to suit every type of photography style.
In 2016, the X series will be in its 5th year. To celebrate this, Fujifilm will be hosting a photo exhibition at their Headquarters in Tokyo to showcase the passionate and creative photography works of 100 renowned professional “X-Photographers” along with 100 professional or enthusiast “X-Users”.
Fujifilm invites X series users from around the globe to join the celebration and take part in the contest by submitting their favourite photo taken on an X series camera for entry. A total of 100 photos will be selected by a judging panel of professional photographers, printed by Fujifilm experts and then displayed at the photo exhibition in January, 2016 as well as showcased on the Fujifilm-x.com website.
All printed and exhibited work will be provided to the respective, winning entrant once the exhibition ends,
Entry Period: October 23, 2015 – November 30, 2015 JST
Winner announcement: mid-January, 2016
Official Contest Rules
- ■About entries
- Images must be taken by entrant on a Fujifilm X series camera, but other makes and models of lenses are permitted. Exif header information must be intact in the image.
- Entrants are required to disclose the details of the camera and lens used to take the photo on the entry form.
- All photographic images must be of maximum 10MB file size. Images submitted in excess of 10MB will be disqualified.
- Photo entries are limited to those that have never been publicly displayed. Also, photos which have been awarded a prize in another contest or those which are currently entered in another contest are not eligible. However, photos which an entrant has published or posted on his/her own website for non-commercial purposes are eligible.
- Entrant is responsible for securing all necessary model rights. Any conflicts or dispute that result from featuring subjects in a submitted image must be settled by the entrant. FUJIFILM and its affiliates disclaim all liability.
- Photos are limited only, in its entirety, to a single work of original material taken by the entrant and to which he or she retains all copyrights. Photo may be of any subject matter, provided that Fujifilm reserves the right to disqualify images of obsene, illegal, indecent, illicit or otherwise objectionable content at its discretion, or that Fujifilm believes may present a copyright, right of publicity, misappropriation, infringement or other legal issue or risk.
- ■About submitting the entries
- Limit 1 entry per person in this Contest. All entrants must be 18 or older. Residents of Quebec, Canada not eligible to enter.
- There are no nationality or professional requirements for entry. However, X-photographers and employees of FUJIFILM Corporation, its affiliates and its promotional agencies assisting with this Contest are not eligible to enter.
- Only online entries are accepted. Entry is only available at www.fujifilm-x.com/5th_anniversary_pg/ A valid entry form, properly completed with all requested information (including name, email address, contact phone, etc.), must be submitted, with the entry photo uploaded by following the instructions on the Entry Form.
- No purchase is required to enter this Contest, and a purchase will not improve your chance of winning. This Contest is void in Quebec and where prohibited.
- Entries must be received by Fujifilm during the period 12:00 a.m. JST October 23, 2015 – 11:59 p.m. November 30, 2015 JST. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt. Fujifilm is not responsible for late or misdirected entries, or for late or failed entries caused by internet or computer problems, transmission or carrier delays or issues, or otherwise.
- ■About the selection
- A total of 100 prize winners will be selected based on the photographic images submitted by eligible entrants. Winners will be determined on a “blind” basis by a panel of X-photographer judges established by Fujifilm. The criteria for judging will be: creativity, originality, and composition. Each criteria to be equally weighted.
- Judging will occur during December, 2015. All prize winners will be contacted by Fujifilm by email to the email address provided on the entry form. Three attempts will be made to award the prize. Winners will be announced in early January and the exhibition will run through late January.
- If violation of these Contest Rules or any copyright issue with the submitted photo arises after a winner is identified, Fujifilm retains the right to revoke the prize award and award the prize to an alternate winner.
- All winners may be required to sign and return a provided Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release as a condition to being declared a Contest winner. Failure or refusal to sign and return any provided document will constitute prize forfeiture and an alternate winner will be selected. Each prize winner will be required to permit the use of his/her name and country of residence in connection with the submitted photographic image at exhibition/posting.
- Winning photographs are subject to editing, cropping, or enhancing by Fujifilm at Fujifilm’s election prior to printing, exhibition or posting, for spacing reasons, to remove controversial or objectionable content, or otherwise.
- Printed and exhibited copies of his/her winning photographic image will be provided to the prize winner upon completion of the exhibition.
- ■About personal information
- Personal information provided as part of the Entry Form will be used by Fujifilm and its promotional agencies for the administration of this Contest.
- Aggregated, de-identified information collected in connection with this Contest may be used for statistical purposes.
- Each prize winner’s name and nationality will be publicly disclosed in the winners announcement, at the printed exhibition and on a web gallery that will be displayed on fujifilm-x.com. Each entrant acknowledges that his/her photo may be displayed among other photos, and in this manner.
- Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of each Prize: $300 including shipping and handling. ARV of all prizes offered: $30,000
- These Official Rules will be made available at www.fujifilm-x.com/5th_anniversary_pg/ during the entire Contest Period.
- List of Prize Winners will be posted at www.fujifilm-x.com/5th_anniversary_pg/ during the month of January, 2016.
- By entering this Contest, each entrant acknowledges he/she has read these Official Rules, and agrees to comply with them. Each entrant further fully releases FUJIFILM Corporation, its affiliates, and its promotional agencies from all liability relating to the submitted photo, the exhibition or posting of that photo in the event the entrant is a prize winner, and this Contest.
- All underlying rights in the submitted photographic images remain the sole property of the entrant at all times and will only be used by Fujifilm as set forth in these Official Rules or as otherwise mutually agreed with the entrant in writing in each instance.
Inquiry E-mail: email@example.com